50 things about me (not in order)
- I’ve only been in love once – to my husband.
- I am scared of cockroaches.
- I hate shopping. I try to get everything online. I only shop if I have no other choice.
- I am obsessed with soft shelled crabs.
- I love JD and Maker’s Mark. A very dirty martini gets me dirty.
- I’ve always been the interviewer never the interviewee.
- I was a TV, radio, print and online journalist.
- I love photography, and wish I have more time to experiment with objects.
- I have a love and hate relationship with travelling. I want to travel but I detest planes (I am hoping I’d still be alive when demolecularisation is invented).
- I am a sci-fi fan – but not too much.
- I love horror and zombie movies. I saw my first horror show when I was five years old (yet I still turned out perfectly fine).
- I used to do martial arts. I even competed and won in high school.
- I was an academic achiever in school – not really sure why or how it happened.
I’ve never seen/touched snow. I want to try it for the first time with Inara.
- I had anaemia as a kid.
I used to be good at drawing and sketching.
- I am a knitting and crocheting addict.
- I love animals, a lot more than I love humans.
- My heroes are my parents.
- I am extremely close to my sisters.
- I drive like your grandmother.
- I am a TV addict.
- My favourite expression used to be “I don’t care” and I meant it. Now, I have to care, because I have a daughter.
- I still don’t care what other people say.
I was never a fashionista, never will be one.
- I play the guitar and sing when alone, or with my daughter.
- I love gadgets.
- I cook when I feel like it,
but I’m bad at baking.
- I was a bad girlfriend to all my ex boyfriends.
- I am not good at sports but I love swimming and kickboxing.
- I got my masters degree through a scholarship in Singapore – but I’m still not really sure what it’s for.
- I never planned to get married and have a family, but it turns out it suits me very well.
- I am a hermit and very wary of new people.
- I am a frustrated singer.
- I don’t believe in self-deprecation. I tend to move away from people who self-deprecate.
- When everyone else was crushing on actors, my childhood crush till highschool was Hulk Hogan – then I added Red Hot Chilli’s lead singer to it (the running scene from that clip Under the Bridge was hot).
- I know what I want and I’m not afraid to ask for it.
- I don’t drink coffee or
- I am a fag hag like my mother.
- I have a tattoo on my right wrist, and
I’m waiting for the design for my next major one on my backalso on my back. Designing the third one now. I meddle with other people’s lives sometimes.
- I have chicken ankles that buckle under me when I use it wrong. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sprained them because of it.
- My handwriting looks like chicken scratches.
- I always try to find the easiest way out, or the easiest way to do things – because I was born lazy.
- I like my cookies soft and my chips stale. I’d leave a packet of chips open for several days and then eat them when they’re chewy because I feel my teeth are going to crumble if I eat anything crunchy (dates back to when I had retainers on).
- As a kid, I was a radio soapie addict. In gradeschool, I used to hide my portable radio in my bag and have one of the earphones on, while I listened to the teacher at the same time. Yes, I was always top of the class and no I don’t know how my brain balanced listening to a soapie while figuring out math at the same time.
- Speaking of Math, I hate Math. Avoiding it was one of the reasons I took up Journalism in the first place.
- I’ve never seen any form of strip show. Ever. I am pathetic. I want to watch Manpower Australia.
- I don’t read movie reviews before watching a movie. I don’t believe in movie reviews I’ve read before and/or after watching a movie. I can make up my own mind, thank you very much.
- I love all kinds of weather. I love rainy days, sunny days, hail, storms, hailstorms — I love them all.
- I’ve never read a single book by Shakespeare. I’ve seen some of the movies, never read any of the books. I blame the education system in the Philippines.
- I can’t hullahoop to save my life.
to be continued…