I just finished my first detox – evah. I’ve never tried to do any cleansing types of regimen or detox but I have been looking for something I can do that’s convenient and nutritious (and not endorsed by a Kardashian).
When I saw Mama Grace doing the Schkinny Maninny (I still can’t get over the name hahaha), I wanted to try it out too. Mine was a three-day cleanse and at the end of it, I was actually feeling quite awesome.
I’ll do it in dot format to make it easier:
- Schkinny Maninny arrives on your doorstep in an esky everyday (yep, daily) with six bottles of 600ml juices. Make sure you leave the esky on your front door every night.
- It’s all fresh and cool and ready to go. Very convenient for mornings when everything is a rush.
- They are delicious. Some I favour more than others (like the Pine Grapple and Fruity Punch, and the night time drink Sleep Well). I’m not a big fan of the tangy ones though, but that’s just me.
- Although they warn you about the headaches etc that comes with detoxing, funnily enough I didn’t go through any of that. Maybe because I don’t drink coffee so there wasn’t much of a withdrawal. But I followed their recommendation not to do too much exercise while on detox.
- You don’t get hungry. My problem was the temptation every dinner time (they warn you of this) when my family is eating food and my daughter leaves some on her plate. It puts my willpower to the test.
- I thought I can do more than just three days but I think three days is it for me.
- I lost around 2kg in the three days I was on the detox program. A good “side effect” to the healthy cleanse. I’ve never had so much fruit and vegetables infused in my body in my entire life.
- It’s not an instant weight loss program. It’s a cleansing program to rid your body of toxins. I saw the difference in my tummy though. The bloating was gone.
- I plan to do this every couple of months.
- It’s a good product. If you’re looking for a healthy convenient cleanse, this is definitely a good one to pick.