I’ve interviewed so many CEOs and successful business owners in my line of work. These are people from different industries too – from construction to earthmoving to car industry and landscaping and so on. I use the same questions on my interviews, just tweaking it a bit based on their backgrounds.
But I sometimes think I could just copy and paste some of their answers because they are so similar that it’s freaky.
Basically, from what I gathered, the formula is simple.
- They all have very supportive partners.
- They all have a drive and vision on what they want with their company.
- They all have the smarts for calculated risks and caring for their money (most of these people have put their own houses up as collateral for their businesses).
- They all say they have a hard time balancing work and family life.
- They all say they work hard, like 6am to 6pm hard or even worse hours sometimes.
- They all have the same passion for their industry. Like super passion, not just for the money.
- And they all say that had it not been for their partners taking care of the home side of things, they wouldn’t have been able to do what they were able to do.
There’s a formula there. It’s quite obvious. It’s just a matter of whether or not you have it. Or if it’s something you’d want to do.