Life will be on dot format form for a while. I’ve used up all my brain power for other stuff.
- I finally finished my first ever novel. I know, right? For years, I have dreamed of finishing one. I’ve started so many since uni but never finished them. Then this author Caitlyn Nicholas placed a link for Harper Collins submissions online and the genre was the same as the one I’ve been working on. I stopped at around 50K words last year because life got in the way. So after coming back from Tassie, I had to write around 20K plus words to finish the book. There were days I actually wrote over 3K words. As it turns out, I do work better under pressure.
- I’m working on my second children’s picture book, which I hope to finish by December. I didn’t win in any of the writing competitions I joined, but I did get on the top 20% in the selection process so woohoo! This second book is heartwarming, based on our own childhood. I am looking forward to finishing this.
- After finishing the novel, I am back on the computer and writing some more for work. It’s a good thing I had a bit of a break from work last week to finish the book. My life revolves around my computer eh? I decided to boost Paul Anka (my macbook pro) with a 500GB storage because I’ve been suffering with the 160GB for five years. Apple won’t really tell you about this unless you specifically ask it. But just FYI, you can upgrade your RAM and storage by going to an Apple reseller like Next Byte, MyMac and Mac1. It only cost me $300 with labor and data transfer (I went to MyMac on Moore Park and they are fantastic) for my 500GB.
- I harvested my first ever spring onions, chives, coriander and parsley from my little garden (I had to Google what Parsley and Coriander looks like because I planted them close together but didn’t put a label). The owners left a bathtub filled with soil so we cleaned that up and planted some herbs and veggies. Who would have thunk I actually can grow real plants? Plus our worm farm is still going so the worm tea is really boosting my plants. Domestic goddess powers, I am so feeling it right now.
- My little girl remembers the scientific names of carrot, peas and pumpkin (because you should always teach kids the stuff they can use in real life right? Not the alphabet or numbers, bah!) She is the sweetest thing ever. When I was scrambling to finish the novel, she patiently waited for me to finish so we can play together. I always wonder how I managed to have such an easy kid. Is the equation like this: bad mother=good kid? I’m starting to think that’s the formula.
- I find it so bizarre that after marrying an Aussie I seem to have only Aussie Hollywood crushes now. Hugh Jackman, Alex O Loughlin, Chris Hemsworth. I mean, there must be some good looking non Aussie Hollywood stars out there right?