• Flu shot is essential. I do wonder how my little girl can endure this virus and get over it in a day while I am absolutely crawling.
• I used her tea pot as a neti pot in a desperate attempt to clear my nasal passages so I can get a good night’s sleep. It helped a bit but didn’t really do as well as the real one should. I ordered the real neti pot online. She will miss her little teapot.
• A friend told us about a friend of a friend who was massaging someone in Manila. He’s apparently like THE masseuse to go to there. Anyway, this masseuse said he was talking to his client, this white dude, who said he used to be a police but now he’s doing concerts. He’s even doing concert in one of the biggest arenas in the Philippines. The client who used to be a police was Sting. He used to be part of Police but the masseuse obviously misheard it. I wonder if Sting was humbled that there’s actually someone on the planet who doesn’t know him.
• What do you do when the flu kicks your ass so much you can’t sleep because your sinuses are totally clogged? You google home remedies and make them. Nothing worked so far. It turns out a viral cause for blocked sinuses can only be cured by getting better.
• We finally found a new place. Cheaper rent, bigger place, better house. With a fireplace too. And it’s beside a primary school. Yes, I have asked for an enrolment form even if my little one hasn’t turned four yet.
• I took on Mama Grace’s challenge this week and woke up before 7am. Monday and Tuesday went really well. The dogs didn’t know what hit them when I decided to walk them so early in the morning. But then the flu punched me in the gonads and that was that. I still kept waking up early though, only because my nose is so clogged up I couldn’t go back to sleep. At least I’m consistent eh?
• I was looking forward to a 50s themed party tonight which is looking like a dead goal. I can hardly swallow because my glands are so swollen. My Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany’s new dress will be sad. My new hookers-will-be-shamed red lipstick will go into depression. My new longer-than-yo-mama’s fake eyelashes will melt and die. What can you do? I am barely breathing.
• In a haze with the flu and parenting alone for the weekend. Hubby’s off to Tassie to see his dad, who is not getting better. I hope one day we can travel because we want to. Not because it’s triggered by something.
I know there’s light at the end of the tunnel folks. I just need to sleep.